Join us for public conversation on electoral reform!
Wednesday, Sept 26th
12:15 PM – 1:45 PM
Liu Institute for Global Issues – Multipurpose Room
Light refreshments provided
Join us for a substantive, constructive, and informative discussion on electoral reform for anyone looking to learn more about it. This event aims to make available to students and the public some of the considerable expertise on electoral systems ahead of the referendum this fall.
Our speakers include:
- Grace Lore, Instructor, University of Victoria, Candidate for Victoria City Council
- Stewart Prest, Instructor, Political Science, Simon Fraser U and Douglas College
- Sheryl Lightfoot, Associate Professor, Political Science, CRC in Indigenous Rights and Politics
- Max Cameron, Professor, Political Science, UBC; Director, Centre for the Study of Democratic Institutions
- Gerald Baier, Associate Professor, Political Science, UBC
Hosted by: The School of Public Policy and Global Affairs (SPPGA), the Centre for the Study of Democratic Institutions (CSDI), and the UBC Department of Political Science.